Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 31, 2009

Car Seat Anxiety:(

So, the car seat has really been Khloe's enemy for the past 5 weeks and it seems to be getting worse!! At first we thought the straps were to tight, so we loosened them up a bit; then I thought "well maybe she is hungry, or has a dirty diaper." NOPE! None of these thoughts or straps seem to be the problem, because she still screams, and further she does not have tears in her eyes, she just screams at the top of her lungs. It seems though if someone is sitting in the back with her she is more calm, which is impossible. So I have finally come to the conclusion she has car seat anxiety. Which is very sad, because I can not do anything about it; however, I have started (first time today) giving her a little tylenol to help ease the situation. It seemed to work:) Now, obviously I can not do this every time, but on long trips by myself or when we have appointments I definitely will!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know at all if this would help in your situation, but I know Nathan gets really toasty warm in his seat. Saw this on TV the other night. We're thinking about trying it for him, didn't know if being to warm is her problem, but thought I'd pass this along just in case. http://jingjoe.com/home.php

    ReplyDelete