

I am pretty sure Khloe has started teething, if she hasn't then she will pretty soon. One frustrating aspect of teething for me is she is not able to hold a teether in her mouth, so I have to hold it for her. It would make my life much easier if she could hold her own toys for long periods of time! Another exciting mile stone: she can now can roll over from her back to her stomach ALL BY HERSELF!! Her first time was today while I was in the kitchen. Her pediatrician told us once she started learning how to do one thing, we would see this huge snowball effect with everything else and I must say he is right! One day she can hold her toys and the next she is grabbing them. One day she is learning to roll on her side and next she is rolling on her stomach. Chet and I are going to buy a play pen today when he gets home from work. If you are not aware of our floors, they are completely stone downstairs except for the formal living and our bedroom. We are so afraid she is either going to bust her mouth or head on the hard stone:( It is still amazing everyday to watch her grow and learn new things. I can not express how much joy she brings to my life.
She still hates her car seat/car! She no longer enjoys be held with her chin on our shoulders, instead she wants to face out and have her back against our chest (and do not forget to bounce her while you are holding her). I have noticed the past couple of days she will follow me with her eyes and head as I pass by her or I will catch her watching what I am doing. As far as talking is concerned- SHE LOVES TO MAKE SOUNDS!!! She will sit and talk to anything: tv, toys, blankets, her hands, etc.! It is very entertaining. She still loves bath time and Sunday we took her to the pool and let her play in the water. She loved it, until I got her face wet-she did not like that so much. I have ordered her a baby spring float activity thingy. I can place her in it (hopefully) and let her float in the water. If she is too small for it, I will continue to hold her in the pool.
Her naps are getting shorter. She takes approx. 4 naps a day and can vary from 10 minutes to an hour or so. Most of them are about 20 minutes with one nap being about an hour. With this being said, she is definitely awake more. Which at first it was unpleasant for me because she couldn't "play", but now I don't mind because she can play all day long, for the most part.
She is still eating about every 3 hours still and feedings start about 6:30 am and end about 7pm. She usually eats 5-6 ounces at each feeding.
I have started putting her in her bed upstairs during the day; however I DO NOT LIKE IT!!! I would ask Chet to move her crib to our room, but I know it is not an option! I am ready for her to start enjoying her room, considering we invested a lot of time and money into it before her big arrival. It is kind of funny, actually. The one major room which HAD to be complete by May is the room she uses the least.

No comments:
Post a Comment